Love music? Want to help a charity? Well then this is your chance! Teenager Cancer Trust has announced a mountain of gigs at London’s Royal Albert Hall in a few weeks.
TCT do some positively amazing things. Not only do they provide fantastic support for teenagers suffering with cancer, but they are dedicated to building units specifically for teenagers in NHS hospitals. This is where they need your help to carry on their brilliant work! However, if you can’t make the gigs, do have a look around their site as there is plenty more you can do like fundraising events and volunteering.
There are some absolutely amazing bands playing soon:
• Tuesday 24 March 2009: Antony and the Johnsons with Florence and the Machine and V V Brown
• Thursday 26 March 2009: Stereophonics plus special guests
• Friday 27 March 2009: Kasabian plus special guests
• Saturday 28 March 2009: Bullet for My Valentine with The Blackout and Fightstar
• Sunday 29 March 2009: An evening of comedy hosted by Mathew Horne and James Corden
How amazing does that look?! We’re personally very excited about the Bullet for My Valentine/The Blackout/Fightstar gig. Lead singer for Bullet for My Valentine, Matthew Tuck said: “It’s a real honor to be headlining for Teenage Cancer Trust this year. Many of our fans are a similar age to the young people that Teenage Cancer Trust supports. So it’s really hit home for us that having cancer at such a crucial time in a young person’s life must be devastating. We are proud to be involved and hope the concerts raise as much money as possible for their incredible work.”
To top this all off, Flecking faves Mathew Horne and James Corden are going to be doing a whole evening of comedy on the Sunday! What’s there not to love?!
So make sure you head over to Teenage Cancer Trust site and get your tickets ASAP!