Was it mould that killed Brittany Murphy and Simon Monjack?

18475, LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA - Monday May 24 2010. File picture dated 6/11/2007 of Brittany Murphy and her husband, Simon Monjack. Screenwriter Simon Monjack has been found dead at the home he shared with the late actress. His death comes just five months after Clueless star Brittany, 32, died at the property. Photograph: David Tonnessen, PacificCoastNews.com

Recent reports claim that it might not be drugs that killed Brittany Murphy and husband Simon Monjack.

When actress Brittany Murphy collapsed and died in the shower of her Hollywood Hills home last December, an inquest ruled that the 32-year-old died from pneumonia complicated by her use of prescription drugs.
Barely five months later, Murphy’s screenwriter husband Simon Monjack went into cardiac arrest and died of the same causes at the same house.

And now the investigation into the deaths of Clueless star Murphy and screenwriter Monjack is being handled by the Los Angeles Department of Public Health because it’s believed mould may have killed them both.

Mould first came up early into the investigation but was considered ‘not to be a contributing factor’ and was dropped, according to celebrity website TMZ.

But with the revelation last week from the Los Angeles Coroners Office that Monjack died of pneumonia just like his wife, mould is now being seen as highly relevant to their deaths as it attacks the respiratory system.

Murphy’s mother Sharon has allowed investigators to examine the house in West Hollywood Hills and Monjack’s mother Linda will be flying from Europe to keep a close eye on the investigation.